We design, develop and manufacture a wide range of innovative dosage forms for the biopharmaceutical and consumer health and nutrition industries.
Job title: Business/ Market Development Group Representative
Reports into: Business Development or Market Development Manager
Department concerned: Sales
Last update: 05.09.2016
The job holder’s role involves Sales or Business Development with a focus on growing new line of business with new set of customers in the Health and Nutrition/ Pharma space:
- Identifying & develop new customers in order to achieve the targets for the group.
- Maintain and develop existing customers and accounts with old and new developments in order to achieve group sales targets per annum.
- Assure maximum accounts are flipped to the sales group (TSM/CSR) by achieving sales volume at agreed volumes on yearly basis as per the business model.
- Generate orders by continues follow up with customer and flawless execute the same by effective co-ordination with internal and external teams.
- Follow up for payments, advance payments, cheques etc with customer’s and ensure the receipt on time.
- Maintain inventory of products in warehouse and ensure FIFO is followed.
- Organize and Participate in Trade events and ensure generation of new business.
- Maintain records of Customer Record form, Colour development form, Samples Request and other documents.
- Maintain relationship with customers and support them in all regards.
- Maintain Sales records, Inventory records and other group records.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE & PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
The Market Development Group Representative’s role combines that of Sales and Business Development representative for all the company’s products and services: Hard capsules (Hard Gelatin and Specialty Polymers), Dosage Form Solutions (Soft gels, Licaps etc), Formulation development and special programmes.
They are fully responsible for the accounts managed by the Market Development Group regarding commercial contact, submission of quotes, negotiation of supply conditions, contract finalisation, entering and following up orders, managing claims, the development of new products. In some cases (major leads), they work in a team with the Territory Sales and Business Development Teams.
MDG team manages a portfolio of approximately 100 active customers and about 50-100 plus new development cases a year.
The performance indicators are:
- Reaching the annual sales target attributed to the Market Development Group for new and existing set of customers.
- Number of accounts transferred to the sales team and customer service according to the established criteria
- Number of new accounts or accounts “won back” reaching a certain volume
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
1. Sales and market development
1.1 Ensure the development of sales in their group in order to achieve the annual target:
1.2 Find new accounts and develop the active accounts and prospects in order to achieve the following targets for the group; while respecting the instructions concerning price positioning or margin indicated by the marketing department:
1.3 Follow up the marketing campaigns and contacts identified at fairs in order to generate new opportunities among the group’s active accounts or in the sales team’s group:
2. Follow-up and commercial management of the orders
3. Meetings, fairs, events, travel
Take part in team meetings and pass on the relevant information regarding the market situation, the problems encountered and suggestions for continuous improvement. Take part in meetings relating to sales and fairs and visit certain customers with significant potential.
4. Dispute settlement
5. Dealing with all other requests: new colour, new product, samples, technical information
6. Interface and coordination between the different internal departments, the sales team and the customers
V-INDICATIVE DISTRIBUTION OF ACTIVITIES
|Indicative||DISTRIBUTION OF ACTIVITIES|
|Customer and market development
Commercial management of customers
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
The position requires:
- Graduation degree in science / pharmacy / health and nutrition space
- MBA with 3-4 years of experience in Sales & Marketing / Business Development/ Customer Service/ International trade domains especially in Health and Nutrition space is preferred.
- Exposure of technical, scientific domain especially formulation development is additional asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the Health and Nutrition market in general, ability to learn and understand market trends; position the products and services offered by the company, ability to offer personalised solutions and answers ; sense of creativity /innovation/ pragmatism, leadership and business.
- The situations encountered require the ability to analyse and judge in order to offer the best solution and detect any sales opportunities.
- Ability to independently and effectively coordinate, manage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Sensitive to compliance issues, upholds & appreciates compliant culture
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Familiar with office software & systems like SAP
- Willing to travel
In order to apply for the job Business / Market Development Group Representative, you may please login or register if you have not already done so. This will also allow you to apply for many other jobs available on GoDiverse.Com and help you manage all your job applications from one place.