Because if there’s one thing we love just as much as PERi-PERi, it’s big, happy gatherings!
Job Title: 1st Assistant Manager
Report to: Patrao
Responsible for: Nandocas within the restaurant
Overall Purpose of the Role
To assist the Patrao in creating a great working environment that motivates and trains Nandocas to deliver a warm, fun, genuine and memorable experience to our customers, this in return delivers maximum sales and profit. To ensure compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting and retention of team members.
- To assist in building the team spirit of your restaurant family maintaining a healthy and enjoyable environment for our Nandocas
- To support the recruitment, train and continuously develop your team to achieve their personal best and deliver a great customer experience
- To assist in controlling the financial performance of the business, seeking to exceed agreed sales and profit targets and achieving agreed margins
- To actively encourage pride, passion, courage and integrity in all communications with your team
- To ensure the success of your family you should: Lead positively by example
- Set targets with clear standards and time scales
- Motivate by inspiring extraordinary efforts
- Encourage and coach your team to achieve Recognise and share in your team’s success.
- To actively market and promote your business
- To assist in developing your business by continuously seeking opportunities to increase sales and improve service, anticipating changes and planning accordingly
- To implement all company policies, standards, initiatives and legal requirements relating to the operation of your restaurant
- To promote and implement best practice within your restaurant
- To actively demonstrate and encourage the Nando’s values of
- Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity and Family
- This summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time
- This job description should be read in conjunction with the
- Employee Handbook, the Operating Manual and the H&S Manual.
Education and Experience
- Graduate or 3 years Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management with minimum 3 years of work experience wherein 1 year at supervisory role.
- Age 23 – 30
- Dedication to provide exceptional customer service.
- Good communication skills, strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional team building capability